Tuesday 17 February 2015

January 2015 Chatterbooks meeting at Egham Library

Here are some of our thoughts about our own choice books this month.



THE LOTTIE PROJECT by Jacqueline Wilson.

I really enjoyed this book and have read lots of books by Jacqueline Wilson which have all been great. The story fit in with our project at school about the Victorians. I liked the way in which the chapters are split into present day school life and Victorian school life.








 
KAYMON the GORGON HOUND by Adam Blade.

I have read a lot of the Beast Quest series and loved this book. I chose it because the cover looked exciting. The main character never dies but always completes his mission and I am always pleased when he does. Kaymon the beast has a diamond on his head which makes him able to split into three.
I would recommend the Beast Quest series.They are great and exciting books to read.





THE DEMON DENTIST by David Walliams.


This dentist is quit scary. She is dressed all in white and has white hair and a white cat and I found the mine where she kept children's teeth a bit frightening.
I loved the chase and when the toothpaste damages the bridge and makes the water bubble. The most disgusting thing in this book is when Winnie (the social worker) wears a bikini.
I wouldn't recommend this book to someone who has never been to the dentist before!

No comments:

Post a Comment